Currently being updated.
Automatic reload in seconds.


 
Subscribe: RSS Podcasts iTunes
Episode 647             Episode 649
Episode 648

Cedar Creek Wind Farm
Mon, 2019-Feb-11 00:10 UTC
Length - 3:02

Direct Link

Welcome to random Wiki of the Day where we read the summary of a random Wikipedia page every day.

The random article for Monday, 11 February 2019 is Cedar Creek Wind Farm.

The Cedar Creek Wind Farm is a 551.3MW, 397 wind turbine facility, consists of 2 phases, Cedar Creek I and Cedar Creek II, located 13 km (8 miles) east of Grover in north-central Weld County, Colorado, which became fully operational with the completion of Cedar Creek II in 2010. The initial 300.5 megawatt (MW) Cedar Creek I wind power installation was completed on time, within budget and without incident - with the operation commencing on 21 November 2007. Cedar Creek I is an important contributor to Colorado's New Energy Economy, providing enough wind-powered electricity for 81,135 homes. The power produced from the Cedar Creek wind farm is sold to the Public Service Company of Colorado. Cedar Creek II has an additional 250.8MW of generating capacity, and was commissioned in 2010.

The first phase has 221 1MW wind turbines (produced by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries) and 53 1.5MW turbines (produced by General Electric), and the second phase has an additional 63 1.6MW SLE turbines from General Electric, and 60 2.5MW from German wind turbine supplier Nordex.

The Cedar Creek Wind Farm I is owned by Cedar Creek Wind Energy LLC which is a conglomerate group with Infigen Energy owning 67% and BP Wind Energy the other 33%.The Cedar Creek Wind Farm II is owned by BP Wind Energy (50%) and Sempra Generation (50%). The power from the Cedar Creek 2 Wind Farm has been sold under a long-term power purchase agreement to the Public Service Company of Colorado, an Xcel Energy company. Electricity from the Cedar Creek II Wind Farm reaches the grid through approximately 20 miles of new transmission lines that connect to the Cedar Creek I Wind Farm. From there, the project utilizes an existing 76-mile (230kV) transmission line to deliver the electrical power. The Cedar Creek II project employed some 350 workers during peak construction, and some 19 jobs have been created to monitor and maintain the facility.

This recording reflects the Wikipedia text as of 00:10 UTC on Monday, 11 February 2019.

For the full current version of the article, see Cedar Creek Wind Farm on Wikipedia.

This podcast is produced by Abulsme Productions based on Wikipedia content and is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.

Visit wikioftheday.com for our archives, sister podcasts, and swag. Please subscribe to never miss an episode. You can also follow @WotDpod on Twitter.

Abulsme Productions produces the current events podcast Curmudgeon's Corner as well. Check it out in your podcast player of choice.

This has been Russell. Thank you for listening to random Wiki of the Day.

For current episodes, or for the rest of the Wiki of the Day family of podcasts go here.


Archive Episodes:
1-100  101-200  201-300  301-400  401-500
501-600  601-700  701-772  

  Buy WotD Stuff!!

Feedback welcome at feedback@wikioftheday.com.

These podcasts are produced by Abulsme Productions based on Wikipedia content.

They are released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Creative Commons License

Abulsme Productions also produces Curmudgeon's Corner, a current events podcast.

If you like that sort of thing, check it out too!


Page cached at 2019-06-15 00:59:29 UTC
Original calculation time was 0.6915 seconds

Page displayed at 2019-06-18 01:49:53 UTC
Page generated in 0.0066 seconds